Cannot install windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Buss

Hello

I have had a virus on my system, and thought that it was time to reinstall win xp.
I start the process and the wininstaller finds 2 partitions, witch is odd as i have 3 partitions, but the third is only 6.7 gb, so i thought "maybe it is to small to install windows and therefor doesnt appear on the list".
I choose the C: and ask for a format.
It does and goes on to install the winfiles. Then the computer restarts and the wininstaler starts all over again.
This goes on and on. I try to choose the other partition but the result is the same.
I notice that the 2 partitions it finds are the same size, witch it should not be. Odd.
I try to putt in another harddisc. It finds one partition, the same size as the partitions on the first hdd.
Somethings terribly wrong.
Can the virus have hit the BIOS?
What to do, what to do?

Darth Buss

PS:I have installed windows on at least 50 machines so its not a rookie-pushing-the-wrong-button thing. I have ussed this particular windowsdisc several times so its not a malfunction on the disc.

Are you running SATA drives? If so, you may have forgotten to install the drivers during the install process. The F6 option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back