Cannot load Windows

Darrenbilly

Good Eve all, and to the American's a Happy 4th July.

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 7 and it does not get past the Windows load screen, Dell logo loads then Im faced with the "Windows failed to start...." And I have the option of running startup repair. If I follow the repair, the window black and white bar comes and goes but then it freezes on a fancy blue background and goes no further. If I attempt to load Windows normally, it freezes at the red green blue and yellow windows logo with "Starting Windows" written underneath.

I've tried safe mode, that loads to a point (black screen with white type) then it restarts. At a loss here... Any help appreciated.

P.S while typing last paragraph, blue screen of death appeared at Windows Startup and the laptop restarted straight away. This has to be a OS issue...

Thank you!

ok looks like u need to format as your windows seems corrupt or harddrive is failing .. but ill leave it to the techs to give you advice only thing I can think of is if u got the windows sticker on bottom of your laptop then your laptop would of come with a built in copy im not sure what key it is but when you boot hold down 1 of the keys like f4 f5 etc and it should take u to menu to do full format its normally from f4 to f11 try f11 1st BUT wait to see what other advice you get 1st as could be hard drive fail or something

It very well may be a os issue. If you tap your f8 key when the dell logo comes on the screen at boot up. It should bring up a list for you. When the list comes up click on advanced tools . This will bring you to factory restore. If you choose to this route

Back