Cannot put any more files on my USB stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I recently bought a 2gb USB stick. I put some songs onto this so that i could plug it into my hi-fi system. I still have 1.04gb of memory left in the stick but now when i try to put more songs or any other file onto the stick now it is saying that there is an error and they cannot put it onto the file. the songs already on my stick however do play in my hi-fi so the stick is working-i just cannot transfer files.

Can someone please help me as to what could be causing this please?

thanks,
Charlene

reformat and reinstall. perhaps the directory is corrupted. always stop a drive before moving it.

agree with Tedster's advice.

Also see See [post=753513]How to Avoid Problems with USB Storage Devices[/post] and See [post=126038]USB Device Problems? Check for Windows Updates[/post]

thanks for your help. i tried your advice and after only using about 800mb out of my 2gb memory the same problem occurred so i reformatted the stick again and same thing happened. i now think that its just a case of i can only put so many songs on the stick as afterwards i put a photo on and it went onto the stick no problems-its just songs i can't put any more on

thanks for all your help

i don't know. i right clicked my stick an clicked format. there was an option to do a fast format but i didnt click that, i done the longer version

I would use the format command for Fat32 to fix that problem. I had posted a fix in there thread a way back showing you how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back