Cannot remove Flight Simulator X

Status
Not open for further replies.

wereld101

Hi, I've copied some weeks ago Flight Simulator X (FSX) from a friend of mine but it didn't worked (the words were just ??? symbols) so i downloaded fsx deluxe by myself (the one from my friend was the normal flight simulator) but when i wanted to install it, it says that you can not upgrade between the standard edition and the deluxe edition (so the computer thinks it is still installed and i must tell you that i was in a hurry when i uninstalled it so i just deleted the directories and the root keys in regedit), so i started up the setup of the standard edition but it says that something with ??? symbols and then it close. so i started up the setup of the deluxe edition but it still says that the standard edition is installed while i've deleted all the things which are similar to de standard edition (folders, things with regedit etc.) but it doesn't work and i can't run the setup of the standard edition anymore:(

could someone please help me?????

I don't suppose that in any of these machinations you actually even considered buying a valid copy of the program.

The one you downloaded, might have malware associated with it. Plus the original disc was copy protected, so unless you used the correct ISO extractor, the copy wasn't any good in the first place.

It is arguable that if the program was never installed correctly in the first place, that could be the reason that the uninstaller failed to remove it.

well i'm sure that i've installed it correctly and that it was not infected with malware or anything else (i've scanned it with some anti virus/malware/spybot programs). the only thing i did wrong is that i didn't uninstalled it correctly

I already tried but the setup won't start up anymore:(
You really have to put out an abundance of extra effort to install, and then uninstall a program, to the point where it incapacitates the installed OS.

Gee, I guess I've been living in a bubble all these years, because I've never seen that happen. At least not with a program that didn't have malware associated with it.

Now, my suggestion is to do a full reinstall of Windows, you know, the one where you reformat. That will certainly get rid of "FS "X". Oh, next time try FS 2004. It can be had for ten bucks, and doesn't have heavy hardware requirements.

Funny thing about FS "X", it requires a product activation code. I jus' find that so durn annoyin'!

I was trying not to. Hang on for a couple of minutes, I'm trying to gather my thoughts

If the installer is not infected then you could just leave the program "installed" and chalk it up to experience. Perhaps trying FS2004 instead. It has much lower hardware requirements. If this is causing problems with the rest of your system, you should at least consider a reformat.

Pan "B" Maybe thread in the "Virus and Malware Removal" forum, might be able to solve the problem, since it might show if something is running which is preventing the uninstall.

Programs which require activation shut down when the activation doesn't occur. I misread your post above to think that the system wouldn't start, but after a second look I realized you meant only the installer. My bad on that one, sorry!

Oh, next time try FS 2004. It can be had for ten bucks, and doesn't have heavy hardware requirements.

Well I'll could give it a try. Do you know where I can download it (without torrents) because I don't really have the money for it at the moment:(

Flight Simulator 2004 regrettably isn't freeware. As unsportsmanlike and as unpopular as this may make me sound, this website doesn't condone the downloading of illegal copies of any type of software. So, while I do sympathize with your cash situation, forum rules,prevent me from any action other than that same sympathy, apologies..

Flight Simulator 2004 regrettably isn't freeware. As unsportsmanlike and as unpopular as this may make me sound, this website doesn't condone the downloading of illegal copies of any type of software. So, while I do sympathize with your cash situation, forum rules,prevent me from any action other than that same sympathy, apologies..

Ok that's a pity.

Now, my suggestion is to do a full reinstall of Windows, you know, the one where you reformat.

Do you mean that i have to reformat my hard drive (you know the C: etc.)???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back