Cannot restore emachine burnt driver DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently bought an emachines computer, i have burnt two dvd's and three cd's but now it wont recognize the drivers and it wont let me restore at any point. i went to the so called support and they diconnected on me twice. plz help

emachines driver not being recognized

thank you for the reply, do i get on the site you showed me in your reply? i'm not to computer smart.

Yes
Yes you do :)

By the way can you tell me the:

Model number of your Emachine?
Is it a Desktop or a laptop?
What Windows you are using?

And what are you trying to Restore? ie

Are you trying to restore your drivers?
Are you trying to restore your Windows?
And why are you trying to restore this? Was there a problem or something?

If you need further help, you must answer all of the above :)

model- EL1200-06w, desktop, windows xp, tryin to restore my drivers cause it wont let me burn cd's or dvd's. i have burnt 2 dvd'sand 4 cd's then all of a sudden it wont let me.

Well here are all your drivers: http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?st=pn&param=EL1200

But this could be Windows corruption (as Windows supplies the drivers for CD or DVD drives, not emachine)

Or it could be that Windows require MS updates to be completed (ie you need minimum XP Service Pack 2 - freely available through Windows Update)

Or it can just be a faulty CD or DVD drive itself (they do fault ;))

One last option would be Virus or malware activity (that could cause any issue :( )
We have an excellent guide h e r e on help with that. But that would require a New Thread in the Virus and Malware removal forum, for further help

Please let us know which one resolved it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back