Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD Athlon 2500+ (1.8ghz)
Asrock K7S41GX
256MB DDR RAM (333mhz)
ATI Radeon 9550 (256mb)
Samsung DVD-RW
80GB H\Drive

Hi there, just wondering if any one can help me.

I have recently bought an asus motherboard and re-installed Windows XP on it. I have got it to run fine but only by manually changing the CPU frequency in my BIOS to 133mhz (1.4ghz). This is less than what my CPU should run at, acccording to my defaults it should be 1.8ghz.

Whenever i start up my computer using 1.8ghz it will run okay if left alone, but after a few simple programs are run, or definitely when a game is run the computer restarts. I understand that there is a utility called u-cop that shuts down the computer if the temp. gets too high, but i have monitered my CPU temp and it never goes above 27 degrees celsius.

I was just wondering wether there is a certain way the memory has to be set with the CPU frequency, or wether there is a way to disable u-cop. The FSB of my motherboard is 333mhz, to get 1.4ghz i am runnning my CPU at 133mhz.

Sorry for the long thread but just want to make anyone who looks aware of whats going on.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Looks more like a memory issue.. Maybe leave the FSB alone and increase the memory timings?

Hi there,

I've tried a different combination of memory timings and fsb, but have realised that the stock fan/heatsink on this computer ain't the best.

My temp goes pretty much to 60 degrees celcius and that is the restart temp.

I've looked online and thought a thermalright heatsink and fan will keep this cpu cool at up to 2.2/2.5.

Any better suggestions for a heatsink and fanwould be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back