Canon sp200spx On Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Hey, I recently installed Vista Ultimate, but cant seem to find the printer driver for my canon sp200spx... Went to canon website who said that it was a standard vista driver, and they are, but I have the Lite version of vista which doesnt come with printer drivers:( Any suggestions?

Can you post a link the page where it said that? Also, is sp200spx the only model number? I couldn't find it on their site anywhere.

Regards :)

Lite Version of Vista Ultimate without drivers? Since when? Tell us more.

You need to check your printer model number against the information on the label at the back or bottom of the printer, because Canon says there is no such animal.

S200Spx sorry... I made a multiuser version lite cause I had to fit it on like 1.2gigs. Dont have the original anymore...

There are 20 different downloads available for the Canon S200Spx printer... including drivers for each version of windows, and software. The standard VISTA drivers found there should work for your system.

You probably should get somebody with computer experience to help you or do it for you.
www.canon.com
Downloads
Americas
Consumer
Product menu
Printers
Series
S200
Drivers
Download
Drivers/Software
and
Product/Software Manuals

Everything you need is there, including instructions.
I just completed and tested an entire set for VISTA to verify that they work.

You'll find that if you look carefully enough, it is a ADD ON MODULE FOR PRINTER DRIVER, and since I dont have the driver in the first place, I doubt wether an add on module alone will do the trick. I looked at this page before, and even downloaded and ran the add on module to be sure, but it doesnt work.

So, back to where we started

That is an add-on to the Windows VISTA drivers for the canon.
VISTA automatically loads the drivers... if you put the printer on after VISTA was installed, you might try the repair feature of VISTA.
The download worked for me... I just repeated it on my Thinkpad computer with a separate VISTA disc to be sure.
Your VISTA may be having troubles detecting the printer for the driver install... you may want to check or replace your cable.
You may also buy the install disc from Canon. However, event the install disc as this statement: "Driver included with OS. Install add-on for added functions."

There is a solution to the problem. Use a valid copy of Windows VISTA. That will enable the S200spx drivers to load. Then you can install the Canon update that you downloaded.
No problem.
It works with every academic version and every commercial version of Windows VISTA because I have been able to do it with all of them in our shop.
Either you are using the trial download, or some other specifically limited version.

Well, the question wasnt wether my choice of "Version" was the right one, but where I can download the drivers. Surely there must be some place where I can download the standard Vista ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back