Can't access BIOS with my External Monitor

walaydise dza

I by accident cracked my SAMSUNG Laptop screen ( My PC Details => http://www.goo.gl/FFA0DK ), I'm using VGA cable for my laptop to an External Monitor and I have problem, I want to Reset my Windows 7 but I can't access to BIOS with my External Monitor, I actually can't see anything only on Windows login.

A broken screen may be just one of the problems. As it won't even boot up consider buying a new laptop. You could end up wasting money and a fair bit of your time on this.

Yes, it's going to be hard unless you are used to fiddling around with computers and you may well be unsuccessful.

You have to hold down the correct key as it boots up and that varies with computers. Try f10 or f2 for starters. I can't see that accessing the BIOS will be helpful.

You have to hold down the correct key as it boots up and that varies with computers. Try f10 or f2 for starters. I can't see that accessing the BIOS will be helpful.
I know how to go to BIOS but the only problem is that it doesn't appear on the External Monitor, I can't see nothing exept in the Windows Loggin.

Back to considering buying a new laptop or even a desktop to make use of the monitor. Best of luck.
Can't buy a new Laptop cause I don't have enough money :'( , I don't know but some people keep telling me to go to BIOS and type: Fn+F4 but it didn't work. or my Fn key doesn't work correctly ! just want to know if this will work or not.

Even when you are using the correct keys it can take quite a lot of attempts to get into the BIOS. It's pretty basic but you have to work these things out for yourself.

Even when you are using the correct keys it can take quite a lot of attempts to get into the BIOS. It's pretty basic but you have to work these things out for yourself.
I read somewhere that if hard to get into BIOS, just hold down the required key and start the system. I tried it once on a machine which booted too fast for me and it worked.

I read somewhere that if hard to get into BIOS, just hold down the required key and start the system. I tried it once on a machine which booted too fast for me and it worked.
My problem it's not only Accessing BIOS, when I turn Laptop ON (and the VGA cable is Placed) my External Monitor doesn't show me the Windows 7 Logo only when I Loggin on Windows (when Drivers Start Working). I red somewhere that I need to unplug Laptop LCD but it didn't work !

Hi.

If feel like this question is being misunderstood. The OP want to display the BIOS on an external monitor. Im guessing because the laptop screen is broken. I know this is possible since, I've done it on another laptop.
*Though the Samsung NP300E5C does not seem to allow this. Most likely due to the graphics chip or the BIOS not having it loading it.

Back