Can't access email from email button

terry5880

hi all my daughter has told me she used to press the email button on her laptop and access her emails now it doesnt access the emails sorry not uch info .but does anyone have a clue what is wrong or what I could do or try thanks

Does the laptop come w/ a program to customize keyboard settings? Maybe that a look at that. My Logitech keyboard came w/ a program called Setpoint which allows me to choose what email program to open when the button is pressed. I had an eMachine keyboard w/ an email button that opens up the default email program. So that's something else to check. Maybe the computer forgot what the default email program is.

im not to sure bud its a laptop and she uses windows messenger which is where her email is she said she used to press the email button and it used to take her straight to her emails but now it doesnt is their a program I need then as it never come with no discs I bought it on ebay last year

Not sure what OS is on the laptop. For XP, go to Control Panels > Add or Remove Programs, on the left you'll see Set Program Access and Defaults. Click on Custom and see what the default programs are set to.

In Win7, Control Panels > Default Programs. Then Set Program Access and Computer Defaults.Then click on Custom.

As Rabbit said, this is an issue with the Default Program that is set.

For the most part, the Quick Access button's work off a combination of software/defaults.. If it has a browser button, it will generally open the Default browser, same with for e-mail. However, if it comes with software and the buttons are customizable then you can change it via the software.

More then likely it is due to the Default Program for E-mail being changed.

ok thanks all how do I change it got no software with it just button on laptop stopped opening email sorry been away for 5 days

Windows Vista/7:
Start > Control Panel > Default Programs
OR
Start > Default Programs (Think this may be windows 7 only)

Windows XP:
As Rabbit01 stated, you can go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. Then on the left hand side you have Set Program Access And Defaults

If your start menu is unaltered it may also be right on the start menu bar near Control Panel.

Back