Can't access harddrive "insert disk message appears"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed a hard drive into my pc to access stored movies. The drive appears in explorer but when trying to open drive I get the message please insert disk media into storage device. Any tricks on how to get to the files.
Thanks

I installed a hard drive into my pc to access stored movies. The drive appears in explorer but when trying to open drive I get the message please insert disk media into storage device. Any tricks on how to get to the files.
Thanks

You might have auto-run worm on the system. Does it appear on C also? When last you scan your system for malware/spyware/adware/worms/viruses/trojans?

C: drive works fine, I installed an extra hard drive to remove the contents in it. The drive has some sort of program that masks it as a hard drive and identifies it improperly as a drive that needs a disk inserted.
The extra drive shows up as drive F: but I can,t open it.

C: drive works fine, I installed an extra hard drive to remove the contents in it. The drive has some sort of program that masks it as a hard drive and identifies it improperly as a drive that needs a disk inserted.
The extra drive shows up as drive F: but I can,t open it.

Do you see this drive in the BIOS? Did you format the drive when using the CD that came with it or have you formatted the drive in Windows.

Is this IDE Ultra/PATA SATA I/II.
Did you change the pin settings for the HDD if it's IDE ( Primary or Secondary IDE Master/Slave /CS (cable select) or RAID 0/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back