TechSpot

Can't access my BIOS set up

By sakman21
Oct 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all,

I decided to re-install my OS on Saturday as my kids had filled it with a lot of junk and I thought a nice clean re-install would be a good idea. Switched the boot sequence to CD drive and off I went. No problem until I had finished the installation and when I tried to get into the BIOS set up I can't, the screen simply hangs on the Asus graphic with the words "Press Del to go to set up". The issue I have now is that I need to have a boot CD in to continue to use the PC.

Can anyone think of any reason why I can't access the BIOS setup or is there another way in?

MoBo - Asus PG5c - mx/1333
    OS - XP Pro SP3

Many thanks

Sam
  2. Mizzou

Mizzou TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 930

Are you using a usb keyboard or hardwired? This can be a problem at times with a usb keyboard.
  3. sakman21

sakman21 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hi Mizzou,

I am using a USB keyboard, although there is an ols style keyboard socket in the back.

Sam
  4. Mizzou

Mizzou TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 930

Might be worth trying to find a wired keyboard to see if it helps. I also normally use a usb keyboard but keep an old style handy just in case.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.