Can't access web configuration page

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to install a wireless network for the very first time. I have cable modem service and I've installed my AirLink Wireless router without any problems. I can browse the web and access my e-mail fine through the router. My only problem is that I can't access the router's web configuration page. When I try to open it using IE, I get a "The page cannot be displayed" error page. (I want to be able to activate the WEP security, etc.)

I e-mailed technical support, and they said that it was probably my firewall causing the problem. I'm using Zone Alarm firewall and I shut it down and then tried to access the router configuration page again . . . . didn't work. (The Windows XP firewall is also disabled.) Any ideas? :confused:

you might also try resetting the router itself. I had this problem when I first got mine, somehow the router maintenance page got changed and I didn't know what it was, a simple reset of the router and I went right to it. Just look through your manual for the hard reset button.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Yes, I entered the webpage exactly as listed in the manual. I'm gonna try doing a hard reset on the router like you suggested. Thanks for the replies!

Now this may sound stupid but here goes, Im not familiar with that wireless router. Im assumming (slam me if Im way off base) that this wireless router still has a uplink port and a wan/internet port. Is it possible the cable modem is plugged into the wrong port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back