Can't boot after installing new RAM

fdart17

I just installed a new SSD and reinstalled windows. For some reason when I was installing windows I was getting an error in installation. Removing 1 ram piece fixed this. So Now I have all the software and updates I want installed, but when I try putting the other ram in again I can't boot (I don't see anything, don't reach BIOS and my mouse is not detected). Note that this ram worked fine before I installed the SSD, I've been using it for ~8 months now. There was a minor burnt smell when I tried to boot once with both ram in.

I tried removing the ram again but now I can't boot like that either, same problem. I tried moving the ram through all the combinations (both in slots 1 and 3, both in slots 2 and 4, only one in each slot) with no success. I tried clearing my CMOS again with no success.

Any idea how this could be fixed?

Thanks! :)

Edit: To save a few clicks

RAM: 2x 4GB G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8
CPU:Intel i5 2500k
Motherboard, Memory:
ASROCK Fatal1ty P67
Graphics:
MSI N560 GTX-TI
Storage:
OCZ Vertex4 128GB SSD, SAMSUNG SP2504C (250 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
Case, cooling:
Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Other Peripherals:
PSU: Corsair 650W CMPSU-650TXV2 R
Operating System:
Win 7 Professional

If a memory slot was fried on the MOBO, wouldn't the other 3 still work? Or do I need a new motherboard?
All the LED's come on as normal on the board.
It looks like I can't boot the system at all, even if I try both ram sticks one at a time in the various slots. Any idea how I can determine if this is really the problem?

If a memory slot is fried the motherboard is bad
I just got it running again by putting only 1 ram piece into ramslot B_1. (it has A1, A2, B1, B2). The error signal it was giving was bad ram. I tested both ram in another computer and they work flawlessly. So I guess I need to talk to newegg to get a replacement.

Back