Can't boot from cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. My system recovered from virus about 3 months ago, but have not been running right since. Problems include unable to do system restore or enabling firewall and others. Now i have decided to do a clean install, but cant boot from cd. I get into bios highlite boot then move to
hard drive
Cd
floppy
Nic
The option say to use the shift + 1 key to enable or disable a device. So i did that to enable CD an disable hard drive, but when i restart it says it cant find a boot drive. I notice that there is a + (plus) sign beside the Hard drive but when i enable CD it shows ! (exlcamation) sign. ! also shows when i disable HDD. How do i get it to boot from CD.
Pentium4 cpu 2.6

uncle, I can't help you per say but I think this would be a lot better if you posted this problem wither under General Hardware or Storage where they deal with the subject of harddrive issues/problems. I think you'll get a quicker answer. Good luck.

-- Route44

If you haven't worked out this problem yet, go to

UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

I am having a problem with sony vio, PCG-7113L, Vista premium,
boots to windows loading bar and reboots,

tried f8 to last known good, tried safe mode, tried start win normally, nothing....
I have a win premium dvd, but wont start from cd,
no sony repair /recover disk,

i think the mbr is messed, as customer has said it suffered a power outage a week ago ?????
Any assistance greatly appreciate, befor i revert to xp :}

sony vio, PCG-7113L, Vista premium, no boot

I am having a problem with

tried f8 to last known good, tried safe mode, tried start win normally, nothing....

i think the mbr is messed, as customer has said it suffered a power outage a week ago ?????
Any assistance greatly appreciate, before i revert to xp :}

You likely have the Green Valley Investation.... evilware is getting into the systems of primarily laptops, and infecting the system... then somehow affecting certain laptop BIOS in a way that prevents boots or repairs... We have now seen 40 cases in Southern Arizona. I suspect we will see it spread everywhere, and nobody yet has a solution.
We are seeing it in Sony, Toshiba Satellite, Gateway, and Compaq laptops...
More later.

I am having a problem with

Any assistance greatly appreciate, before i revert to xp :}

I'm having that exact same problem. Still haven't figured it out yet.

Take raybay's earlier posted advice and go to the Virus and Malware forum. read the stickie on the 8 Steps and follow their directions as spelled out.

Then post the required logs under your own thread. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back