Cant boot into windows (not minidump)

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylub

I have a hp that for a while now has been acting up and recently kinda died. It powers on fine and it shows the mobo boot screen but then it just restarts it doesnt even try to boot into windows at all and the fans start spinning at 100% i have checked the Sata cables and they seem fine and i have taken the whole thing apart and put it back together and still same thing

windows XP
P4 3.2 ghz
2gb ran
ATI Radeon x600 ( i think)
maxtor 250gb

Try this if you have more then one stick of ram in the pc, remove one then try if no luck try the other one if that dosen't work try only conneting what you need so this means to diconnect your cd roms floppy all the thing you dont need and only use basic things mouse,keyboard & screen. If still no luck you can get a software called memtest to test your ram just to make sure both of your ram sticks are not bad (let it run for 3-4 hours). If you are still having problems i would say go with a repair install for windows.

Thanks for the reply I tryed what you said and still no luck except I have not tryed to do the windows repair. I am still looking for a windows XP cd mine did not come with one, once I locate one I will try that.

update, i still have not found a xp cd to try yet is there anyway i can make one with just the repair feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back