Can't connect to WiFi after formatting

Hi everyone, I have a emachine D443 Laptop and I have just recently formatted and installed a new Windows 7 32 Bit Operating system. After installing the chip set driver and bios driver all other drivers I installed worked except for the wifi adapter, during installation of the wifi adapter an error saying "the device may not be present or could have been ejected/unplugged from the system". I have been searching for a solution ever since but have never found one. I even tried driverindetifier.com but witj no success. Help please. I can connect with LAN though.

List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, type msinfo32 in the box. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • For XP, click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • For Vista and later, click Start, enter dxdiag in the search box
  • DxDiag will open. Look at the buttons along the bottom of the DxDiag window
    ===> If 64 bit Windows, you’ll see a 64-bit DxDiag button. Click it to run 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next post

List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, type msinfo32 in the box. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • For XP, click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • For Vista and later, click Start, enter dxdiag in the search box
  • DxDiag will open. Look at the buttons along the bottom of the DxDiag window
    ===> If 64 bit Windows, you’ll see a 64-bit DxDiag button. Click it to run 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next post
Here is what I have under Problem Devices
Network Controller PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_051014E4&REV_01\4&28EC11EE&0&00A9 The drivers for this device are not installed.

And here is the DxDiag File.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    29.3 KB · Views: 31
Well, the good news is the adapter is there and being detected

The WEIRD news.. dxdiag says you have an Acer??? But more importantly, the Network Controller in your problem report is a Broadcom adapter. That's why non-of the D443 wifi drivers will work. (none of them are for Broadcom)

Before looking for a Broadcom driver for you, can you double check your model number? Does Acer make any sense?
Code:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/7/2014, 10:58:42
       Machine name: PAVR-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
       System Model: ACRPRDCT
               BIOS: InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.60.41V1.06

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... seems very similar hardware to E443. Same makers for LAN, VGA, etc. Try the Broadcom wifi driver for the E443. Click HERE

Hey. that's also my problem but my system manufacturer is emachines not acer..
can you help me?

Here's my diag

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    21.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Check your vendor site as Cobalt suggested for the correct drivers
> Your Ethernet connection is Atheros
> Your Wifi is Broadcomm

Hey. that's also my problem but my system manufacturer is emachines not acer..
can you help me?

Here's my diag

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    41.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Here is what I have under Problem Devices
Network Controller PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_051014E4&REV_01\4&28EC11EE&0&00A9 The drivers for this device are not installed.

And here is the DxDiag File.
I have the same problem with my emachines d729z but when I click the problem devices, none listed.

Here is my dxdiag....before formatting my wifi works but after that problems occurs also in my dvd won't read any disc.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    34 KB · Views: 0
You need to make sure that the motherboards INF chipset drivers are installed. Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

Well, the good news is the adapter is there and being detected

The WEIRD news.. dxdiag says you have an Acer??? But more importantly, the Network Controller in your problem report is a Broadcom adapter. That's why non-of the D443 wifi drivers will work. (none of them are for Broadcom)

Before looking for a Broadcom driver for you, can you double check your model number? Does Acer make any sense?
Code:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/7/2014, 10:58:42
       Machine name: PAVR-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
       System Model: ACRPRDCT
               BIOS: InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.60.41V1.06

How do u know that the network adapter is a broadcom or atheros or intel or realtek I kind have the same problem just in another laptop (emachine 355) and right now trying to download the wireless lan driver from their support page but I dont have a clue how can I identify my wifi if u could help me im ready to post my device probelm and dxdiag file

Problem device :
Network Controller PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&SUBSYS_661711AD&REV_01\4&33FD61B7&0&00E1 The drivers for this device are not installed.
and my dx diag file

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    25.4 KB · Views: 0
How do u know that the network adapter is a broadcom or atheros or intel or realtek I kind have the same problem just in another laptop (emachine 355) and right now trying to download the wireless lan driver from their support page but I dont have a clue how can I identify my wifi if u could help me im ready to post my device probelm and dxdiag file

Problem device :
Network Controller PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&SUBSYS_661711AD&REV_01\4&33FD61B7&0&00E1 The drivers for this device are not installed.
and my dx diag file

and I forgot to mention that I have already try (tested) them all but none of them removed the device problem stuff

Have you tried scanning your pc to find out which drivers you have got or are missing?
I have used this one for many years which has always proven to be accurate.
If nothing else it will tell you what is actually on the motherboard.
https://www.drivereasy.com/
It is a 'paid for' program but if you scroll down about 5 screens, you will find a chart with 3 versions, one is the free version.
The catch is the download of the drivers is VERY SLOW, but you can get the drivers from other places, once you know the correct information about your pc.

I have the same problem, after I reformat my laptop can't connect to wifi but I already downloaded the network controller driver and still no connection.

Please see below for my pc info.thank you for the help!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    69.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi wilven, Does your 'Device manager' show any yellow warnings?
Have you tried the program 'drivereasy' ;
https://www.drivereasy.com/
Can you use a cable to connect your router to your pc? Does that make a connection to the internet?

Back