Can't connect to wireless connections

Hi there,

1. i can't connect to wireless connection. I know the password (it's my connection from the other room), but i can't log on. It says CONNECTED but no internet access.

2. i found my friend's wireless connection, and it;s OPEN , but i can't access it eather. It says that i'm CONNECTED but nothing. Sometime it says LIMITED ACCESS. What seems to be the problem?

Please, someone.

you might solicit help from 'Tipstir' a long standing member here who is a genius when it comes to setting up networks and the like. He has bailed my butt out more than once with wireless troubles.

I contacted a brilliant fellow and longstanding member who is going to look into this for you.

Hi Flux333

I'd start by first trying to reinstall the wireless network driver on your computer.

If that doesn't help, pls give us some more detail about your system specs
> Exact make/model of your computer
> What version of Windows and Service Pack level installed?
> Did this wireless adapter come with your computer or is it addon(if addon, what did you buy?)
> What's the make/model the home router you're trying to connect to?

just try something. on your internet browser click on Tools, then Internet Options. under the Connection tab click on LAN settings and just make sure the automatically detect settings is checked.

Somebody told me that i should remove the users from the list (wireless connections profiles) and seems to be working, but for only one connection.........we'll see tomorrow.

Back