Can't download anything from the Internet

jo233

err.JPGerror code: 80080005

how do I download off Google Chrome like I used to do? - (where it goes to a download bar on the bottom of the page)
also why has this popped up now? what caused it?

Unfortunately, to get anything through CNET you must use their download manager.
Usually, you can avoid having stuff foisted on you, but you must watch the installation process like a hawk.
I agree with jobeard... it may be necessary to do both in this case.
If it is particularly difficult to remove, RevoUninstaller may be of use.
Again, use with caution.

Unfortunately, to get anything through CNET you must use their download manager.

Usually, you can avoid having stuff foisted on you, but you must watch the installation process like a hawk.

I agree with jobeard... it may be necessary to do both in this case.

If it is particularly difficult to remove, RevoUninstaller may be of use.

Again, use with caution.

Yea, I don't like CNET anymore for that reason!

hmm;
some how, I've never had THAT issue. I gave up on CNET due to a virus piggy-backing in a down load there.

The bad news is that CNET has been found to package spyware with their downloads.

The good news is that you don't need it. There are other safe download sites, where you can also download directly. You don't need a download manager either.

I avoid CNET too, and others that use download managers...
Seems to me that many do!
I just seem to think of CNET first when I think of these kinds of sites.

But, some are not aware even of what is happening.
I didn't get a virus from CNET but I did not appreciate the foistware (like "toolbars"! BAH!)

View attachment 75673error code: 80080005

how do I download off Google Chrome like I used to do? - (where it goes to a download bar on the bottom of the page)

Once you remove the download program from add and remove or programs and feature,depending what Os you are on. Chrome should return to showing you your downloads at the bottom.

View attachment 75673error code: 80080005

IF I understand your question correctly, left click the three horizontal bars upper right corner & go down to settings & left click it. At the bottom,click Show Advanced Settings & scroll down to Downloads. Click CHANGE & it'll give you options of where you want it to download to. Click it & click OK. Then there is also the box that says Ask Where to save each file before downloading.
I hope this or the above suggestions helps. :)

Ok, I have removed/un-installed free download manager. There's another thing called 'FBDOWNLOADER' - should I remove that?

IF I understand your question correctly, left click the three horizontal bars upper right corner & go down to settings & left click it. At the bottom,click Show Advanced Settings & scroll down to Downloads. Click CHANGE & it'll give you options of where you want it to download to. Click it & click OK. Then there is also the box that says Ask Where to save each file before downloading.
I hope this or the above suggestions helps. :)

thanks

Sure.

Or, go to Chrome settings (in the browser) and remove the plugin from there.

for removing that plugin it mentions, how do I do that in settings, I tried it but couldn't find it?

(I have windows XP btw)

I think the issue with downloading started when I attempted downloading some old free games from a few different games download site -(not a brilliant thing to do I now realise)

thanks

for removing that plugin it mentions, how do I do that in settings, I tried it but couldn't find it?

(I have windows XP btw)

I think the issue with downloading started when I attempted downloading some old free games from a few different games download site -(not a brilliant thing to do I now realise)
I have since found out the link I previously gave you will NOT work on youtube, I just tried.
Not to mention,its illegal to download from youtube unless it has a download button I hear. Good luck.

There's another thing called 'FBDOWNLOADER' - should I remove that?
Judging from a quick google search, that is a facebook downloader which you could of gotten from softronic or cnet which are both known for dirty downloads. I'd remove it .

Ok I've removed 'FBDOWNLOADER' What is
'Bonjour'
'DeFilerPak 1.22 (Remove Only)'

also what are
'Python 2.2.1'
'Content Transfer' (I think this is fine though)
and 'PS2'
I think they are Microsoft but what do they do?

21o6mgk.jpg

what is this and why does it pop up when I log into my computer?

DeFilerPak 1.22 is http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DefilerPak.htm
I'll let someeone else explain it.
CODECS are used for encoding & decoding videos.
BE VERY CAREFUL with these, especially anything from a FREE SITE, as the last time I used one,
it was infected.

IMO, I would remove it and keep a note of the name & location. If you really need it (ie you can't play something after removal), you can always get it back.

Python 2.2.1
that's another scripting language. As you didn't know, you aren't writing code so the only reason to keep it is that you downloaded something that uses it - - tough to find it now.

Thanks, I tried downloading something today and this popped up again? I use Google Chrome (XP)
30ksh1u.jpg

Back