TechSpot

Can't download anything or stream

By bballman53187
May 6, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, let me give you guys some background. This morning i uninstalled a couple of Java versions I had on the computer, I was following a Wiki for something, so I could reinstall them after using a registry cleaner. (It Said Java works better when all other versions are uninstalled and then installed after cleaning registry) So I did this and a couple of my personal settings reset to default.

Since that I have not been able to download any file from any site, and I cannot stream any music or videos. Please help! I use Internet explorer 7. Tried upgrading to 8 but it dragged, so i uninstalled and went back to 7.

Also, I tried using Firefox and everything is fine. Some kind of settings for explorer are not working correctly. I tried restoring everything to defaults and it didn't help.
  2. bballman53187

bballman53187 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

This might be in the wrong section, but can someone please help?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.