TechSpot

Cant even type without interuption through cid

By ste.q
Feb 25, 2008
  1. Ive just done the log file and Im now trying to post it onto the thread as advidsed what's next boss.

Cheers. View attachment 29074

2. rf6647

rf6647 TS Maniac Posts: 829

At the risk of spreading FUD [Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt], I duplicate my post here.

The quote was posted here

My findings at castlecops & symantec rule in a possible infection. I did not pursue disqualifying the 'soundman' symptom.

3. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

his is the legitimate version. you can tell by looking at the running processes then the directory. However there are other infections.

You appear to have a LOP infection that often comes together with Messenger Plus.

1. Go to Add/Remove programs. Double click on "Messenger Plus!" (or click on Remove)

2. The "Messenger Plus! - Setup" is now displayed. Click on the Uninstall button. Note: options displayed on the first screen are not related to the sponsor program.

3. The sponsor screen is now displayed (if you don't see it, search for it in your Task Bar). To prove that someone is currently reading the screen, you have to type the code that is displayed. Once you enter the code, press Uninstall.

4. If you entered the code properly, the program will ask you to confirm that you want to uninstall. You must answer "Yes" to this question, else, you won't have another chance of uninstalling.

5. To complete the uninstallation, follow the instructions that are displayed (the first one is to close all your Internet Explorer windows, that's very important).

While in add/remove programs also uninstalled any of the following:
    Window Search
    Window Searching
    Lop.com
    LOP SEARCH
    Browser Enhancer
    Ultimate Browser Enhancer
    Netpumper
    BitRoll
    CiD Help
    CiD Manager
    Download Plugin for Internet Explorer
    Zone Media

When this is complete, restart your computer.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your computer should become functional after removing the offending program from add/remove. Then please proceed to follow the preliminary removal instructions found HERE

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.