Can't figure out how to convert AVI to DVD disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people techs and other information wealth seekers and sharers, Im so lost as to figuring this out and im not the smartest when it comes to dvd burning software but im trying to convert the avi file formats so that i can use the on the dvd player which sucks when u have no knowledge what so ever of how to do this and what program to use, on the other hand also how to use the program im gonna need to download, well anything or information pertaining to this would be greatly appreciated, and i would definitely share the info and spread the knowledge....

sincerely the guy who couldn't figure this out.... and feels dumb

I'm sure there are free ones, but I've used ConvertXtoDVD with no issues at all. Unfortunately it is a bit pricey at $50 ($10 off of that before new years I see). You can download it free and try it, but it creates a watermark until you pay.

Hopefully someone will know of and link a free alternative for you.

Edit: Appears Windows Movie Maker will do it.. If you have Windows 7 you'll have to get it from the Windows Live Essentials pack.

Wow Apparently no one has any information actually pertaining to an open source one thats free, so that i can convert avi to DVD format, i thought this website was helpful wow some help, yo heres an idea someone asks for help u do more then just type money cost = job completed, the main reason why anything in this country still cost anything or in any country is be our species is so territorial protective, obsessive, and manipulative that theres no room for sincerity compassion, belief or trust in a higher power... one thats comes with a free lifestyle, and fee bills wow the whole worlds is so dumb 2012 is coming and no ones making an example of themselves or to anyone...

[flame on] there are those that contribute and a lot more that just complain and take.

ware the shoe that fits.

hmm; caveat emptor; you get exactly what you pay for and nothing begets nothing.
[/flame off]

Wow Apparently no one has any information actually pertaining to an open source one thats free, so that i can convert avi to DVD format, i thought this website was helpful wow some help, yo heres an idea someone asks for help u do more then just type money cost = job completed, the main reason why anything in this country still cost anything or in any country is be our species is so territorial protective, obsessive, and manipulative that theres no room for sincerity compassion, belief or trust in a higher power... one thats comes with a free lifestyle, and fee bills wow the whole worlds is so dumb 2012 is coming and no ones making an example of themselves or to anyone...
Thats a bit uncalled for. You post during the holidays when many of us aren't at home, or if we are we are doing things outside of answering questions for people.

Never once in your post did you say it needed to be free and open source, and as a result I replied with a program that works well, and even has a demo to see if you think it is worth paying for. I also told you Windows Movie Maker will do it, that is free if you run Windows, then I said where to get it if you are running 7 because it doesn't come included by default.

The information is out there if you would put a bit of effort into google searching. VirtualDub is what we used back in the day for playing with video, I'm sure with that and another dvd authoring program you can make it work going completely free and open source. But since you were such a ******* about us not giving you exactly what you wanted (when you didn't specify) I don't much feel like looking the information up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back