Cant find driver CD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanlaing12

My windows vista pc backup has been deleted and i don't know why.

I am going to install windows xp home edition sp2 into the computer but i cant find my driver disks....

If i do this can i install my internet or must i install another component first?
Can i download the graphics drivers from the nivida website (nivida driver)
Will my internal card reader need an installation?
Do i need to install software for my usb slots to work? (or is that on the xp disk?)

I have never had to do anything like this ever befour....

(my pc in an acer and the backup copy to totaly re install vista has been deleted [dont know how] )

So the computer i have:

Is an Acer

Has corrupt version of vista in it

cannot be repaird without vista disk (dosnt get passed bios)

You need your network card drivers first. Try to get it from acer's website. Then you can download any driver from your components' manufacturers' websites. USB doesnt require installation but you might need to install your chipset drivers which can be found on intel or AMD website(depends on what chipset you are using) or you can also get it on your motherboard manufacturer's website.

If you card reader is USB plugged, it wont require driver.

You need your network card drivers first. Try to get it from acer's website. Then you can download any driver from your components' manufacturers' websites. USB doesnt require installation but you might need to install your chipset drivers which can be found on intel or AMD website(depends on what chipset you are using) or you can also get it on your motherboard manufacturer's website.

If you card reader is USB plugged, it wont require driver.

Hmm then i have a problem...

I cant get logged into my pc, i dont know what happend to it so:

I dont actualy know anythin about my pc, i don't go on it, only my familly.

When i go to aers website and look for drivers it takes me to this section of the site: http://www.acer.co.uk/acer/service....ryISOCtxParam=UK&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=3713735360

Can you help me step by step please.

How do i figure out what all my hardware is and what drivers i need?

What do i install first?

Anything else i need to know?

Ok step by step.

What Acer is it? Look on the case for a model ID or something or look in the manual.

Ok step by step.

What Acer is it? Look on the case for a model ID or something or look in the manual.

I have lost everything...

Even the manuel but!

What i will do is download th recovery disk, im sorry guys i didn't know you could do that online leagly.....

I will tell you how i get on..

(2 hours to download 1.1 gig at 8meg broadband??? that sucks )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back