Can't find driver for Samsung SyncMaster 720td

jack102938

There is a similar post on this forum from about a year ago but unfortunately the download link is dead :(

I've just purchased the samsung syncmaster 720TD monitor for my computer. Its kind of like a touchscreen graphics monitor with included pen.

using the pen doesnt work and when i insert the USB cable that is connected from the monitor to my PC it says its some kind of GENERIC monitor.

ive been trying to surf the net for drivers but have no success. EVEN the samsung website does not have any of these related drivers towards the syncmaster 720TD. if anyone can help on some suggestions on how to obtain the driver, please post! ive tried the other sites with the SO CALLED SAMSUNG DRIVERS for the samsung syncmaster 720TD but i have no success, the drivers downloaded were just some kind of software that led me to download more software.

Please can someone help ? :) thanks!

Give Windows Update a try. See if one appears under, "Hardware, optional." When I go to Windows Update, I always get an optional driver offer for my BenQ monitor.

Next step.. Let's see what's goin' on...

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

Hi jack102938

A bit of a follow up....

Your Samsung 720TD is a bit of an enigma from what i could find..

In fact, short of a short blurb on Engadget i don't even find any mention of its pen device with any other site reference to the Samsung 720TD. (Does the pen have its own part number???)

I also notice you mention a USB cable for the monitor???
> Is the USB for the monitor?? or for the pen device??
> In any case, i'm guessing the USB is still in addition to a VGA or DVI connection?

In any event, I think you're best to contact Samsung directly via Support on their website. I see an 800- number on their US site (but guess you might be in the EU?) In any case, i think your best chance is contacting Samsung

(Does the pen have its own part number???)

I also notice you mention a USB cable for the monitor???
> Is the USB for the monitor?? or for the pen device??
> In any case, I'm guessing the USB is still in addition to a VGA or DVI connection?

In any event, I think you're best to contact Samsung directly via Support on their website. I see an 800- number on their US site (but guess you might be in the EU?) In any case, I think your best chance is contacting Samsung

The pen doesn't seem to have its own part number, the unit is simply called "720td pen mouse charger"... and it has an assembly code number too.

The pen is plugged into the charger which is then plugged into the monitor, the monitor is then plugged into the computer via usb and vga.

Samsung have terrible support so I have no faith there!

Thanks for your help, I have attached the txt file from diag.

Attachments

• DxDiagjack.txt
    42.2 KB · Views: 6
Well, i have some info but not good news :(

I think that driver will be very difficult, if not impossible, to find

I'll guess your monitor works OK as a simple monitor but it's the tablet/pen functionality you;'re trying to achieve? You;ll need a driver for that USB device for the tablet/pen functionality to work. And none out there from what i can see. But can tell you
> That device identifies itself as SAMSUNG TABLET MONITOR BY NAVISIS VER.1.0 R3
> Navisis is a Korean (i think) company that makes after market tablet monitor accessories (like mouse/pens!) and they make some products specifically for Samsung
> The controller chip in your 720TD tablet pen USB device is from Samsung
> Seems there were some early announcements about the 720TD tablet display but not much to found by way of sales or Support

Sorry, no hint of any driver for it exists that i can find :(

/* EDIT */
And beware! You've already noticed (and continue to beware!) there are an abundance of questionable web sites that will match Google searches looking for drivers for your device. But most (or all!) are scams attempting to download questionable software on your computer. Don't pay for anything and if you DO download something, use your A/V to scan the hell out of it. In fact, i'm really hesitant of any driver you might find in this case unless you can get something direct from Samsung or Navisis, themselves

Thanks for all your help. My only option left now is contacting people who are selling this monitor (eBay etc) and asking for a copy of the installation disk.

Update: I found someone selling this monitor on Gumtree, contacted the seller and asked him if he could copy the disc for me. He did and it all works! :)

Wooo-Hooo! Great news to hear :grinthumb

And thanks for taking the time to update us. We always like to hear when problems get resolved and have happy endings :)

I see that this is a very old post but I give it a try.
I get a samsung syncmaster 720td from someone but have the same problem as Jack102938
I hope that Jack still get messages from this forum and wil take contact to me, because maybe he can help me to the drivers he get from someone wich I also need.
Greetings, Jos.

Back