Can't find drivers for HP desktop

Jskid

I just installed Windows XP Pro 32bit on an HP dc7700p computer. It can't even connect to the internet. I can't find the right drivers, I tried all the ones under "Driver - Network" from the HP website.

I've tried all the drivers under network and chipset...it doesn't work. I've got the Small Form Factor.

Those drivers should work fine, unless you have a hardware failure of one or mor components. Can you completely describe your hardware, and your connection, as well as the age of the computer.
The small form factor results in a computer that is abit difficult to work on, but should not substantially change the way it runs with the drivers
Unless you are trying to find drivers for an operating system that HP does not support on that computer model? Are you using an HP supplied operating system? Tell us what operating system as well as the other components.

Hopefully this might help provide info to figure out your devices and drivers
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste onto removable media as i need to see all those long cryptic strings that will likely appear when do this
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

I tried installing a driver from the website again and it worked this time. I don't know why. Do I need to reboot the computer after installing each driver?

I tried installing a driver from the website again and it worked this time. I don't know why. Do I need to reboot the computer after installing each driver?

It depends on the device and its driver.... As sometimes the driver "install" only just loads the driver files onto the disk. The reboot is needed so Windows will redetect the device which then causes Windows to search for its driver again (this time finding the driver files on the disk)

So, in general, trying a reboot after driver install never hurts if at first it doesn't look like the new driver was detected.

btw.. when all done is still good to run that report i instructed above. If all's well, there shouldn't be anything reported by the time you're done

Sorry I forgot about this problem. Here's the report, still a few problems.

PCI Serial Port PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2997&SUBSYS_2801103C&REV_02\3&B1BFB68&0&1B The drivers for this device are not installed.
PS/2 Compatible Mouse ACPI\PNP0F13\4&696F438&0 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard ACPI\PNP0303\4&696F438&0 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.

PCI Serial Port PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2997&SUBSYS_2801103C&REV_02\3&B1BFB68&0&1B The drivers for this device are not installed.
You must have a serial port. Do you use it?
> Looks like it is an onboard device so would guess you should find it on HP download site?
> On other hand, if you don't need the serial port you can just disable it in device manager

PS/2 Compatible Mouse ACPI\PNP0F13\4&696F438&0 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard ACPI\PNP0303\4&696F438&0 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
You must have a PS/2 port also? I'd double check HP site as well or the vendor of your mouse keyboard for PS/2 driver

Back