Can't find drivers

I can't seem to find drivers for my Dell Inspiron 1525. I'm running on W7, and can't find drivers for my Bluetooth Peripheral Device and for my card reader.

Help anyone?

Have you gone to the Dell support web page and used your service tag number?

Yeap, went there. But the thing is, they only have drivers for Vista. Can't find new drivers for Win7 as I reformatted my laptop.

Then Windows 7 is not supported for your laptop. Maybe you'll get lucky and find drivers somewhere else that might work.

It's supported, but by the time Dell started releasing Win7 for their laptops the Inspiron 1525 series was discontinued.

Also, they were both working fine about a month ago, which makes it sorta weird.

By definition, if Windows 7 drivers are not offered for your laptop by Dell, it is not supported. It doesn't matter if Dell offers W7 drivers for other models. What counts is your model. That said, even if your model is discontinued, Dell still has drivers for it. However, in checking for you they do not list any Windows 7 drivers for the Inspiron 1525, only Vista and XP. Try using the Vista drivers. They might work.

Try this link: http://support.dell.com/support/dow...D=INS_PNT_PM_1525&os=WLH&osl=en&catid=&impid=

Find out the specific models and numbers of the components that arent working...

Then check other models based on the 1525 (most likely the Vostro 1500/1510 etc). You will find them if your prepared to look as its likely that Dell used the same components for W7 builds in their range.

You can always try to get them through windows update as well.

Some drivers simply don't exist. I had to buy a new HP printer as they simply didn't think it worth developing a driver for my old one....despite the fact they are still selling them all over asia.

I would try Driver Max which is free and should dig them out if they exist.

Some drivers simply don't exist. I had to buy a new HP printer as they simply didn't think it worth developing a driver for my old one....despite the fact they are still selling them all over asia.

I would try Driver Max which is free and should dig them out if they exist.

do you think driver max can really help? i heard a lot of good things about it, and that it can easily search for rare drivers but haven't tested it out myself.

Weel I tried both Driver genius and Driver Max and both came up with the same results. One you have to pay for the other is free.....do the sums:haha:

Back