Can't find photos

By patolspre
Sep 18, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I had all my photos in Adobe photoshop album starter edition and Picasa. My computer crashed last June due to a virus and all data on my computer was lost. I just got my computer back up and running and am trying to find my photos and can't. Is there any chance that Abobe backs up the photos and I can retrieve them somehow? How about Picasa? I was not using their web album yet. Thanks for any help you can offer.
  2. hughva

hughva TS Rookie Posts: 58

Your pictures were most likely in the pictures folder.
    Image programs like Picasa don't actually move any files, they just give you a different interface to view/edit, etc.
    Good point about the Picasa Web album, and I'm sure you'll use it in the future.
    Check here for some tips and utilities regarding deleted files:
  3. patolspre

patolspre TS Rookie Topic Starter

The problem is that all my info got destroyed with the virus. Is there any chance that Adobe or Picasa might have a copy somewhere, somehow? Thanks also for the link. Good information.
  4. hughva

hughva TS Rookie Posts: 58

Cross your fingers and try the utilities.
    I'd say you have a good chance of finding some of your files.
  5. mike1959

mike1959 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,022   +51

Finding lost jpegs

When you lost all your data, did you format your C drive, or repair your OS from the system disc? If you did format, it's most likely you won't find any of your files. If repair, then a better chance. As a simple fast check, type into your search box *.jpg
    You will get a long list of jpegs, and some of them may be the old ones if they exist. There are many programs that will search for deleted files, but I would think many will be partly overwritten. But still worth a try.