Can't find photos

I had all my photos in Adobe photoshop album starter edition and Picasa. My computer crashed last June due to a virus and all data on my computer was lost. I just got my computer back up and running and am trying to find my photos and can't. Is there any chance that Abobe backs up the photos and I can retrieve them somehow? How about Picasa? I was not using their web album yet. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Your pictures were most likely in the pictures folder.
Image programs like Picasa don't actually move any files, they just give you a different interface to view/edit, etc.
Good point about the Picasa Web album, and I'm sure you'll use it in the future.
Check here for some tips and utilities regarding deleted files:
http://www.geekgirls.com/windows_recycle_bin.htm

Thanks,

The problem is that all my info got destroyed with the virus. Is there any chance that Adobe or Picasa might have a copy somewhere, somehow? Thanks also for the link. Good information.

Cross your fingers and try the utilities.
I'd say you have a good chance of finding some of your files.

Finding lost jpegs

When you lost all your data, did you format your C drive, or repair your OS from the system disc? If you did format, it's most likely you won't find any of your files. If repair, then a better chance. As a simple fast check, type into your search box *.jpg
You will get a long list of jpegs, and some of them may be the old ones if they exist. There are many programs that will search for deleted files, but I would think many will be partly overwritten. But still worth a try.

Back