Can't find the PDF printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beguin the install procedure for Acrobat 8 Pro, and it goes well up to the point a message pops up referring that could not find the PDF's printer. If I skyp that, the installation ends, but thedistiller feature is not present

Hope someone can help me.

you need to tell us more about your set up. Do you have a printer? Are all your printer drivers installed? Are you using a legit copy of adobe? Also this is not the proper forum for computer questions. Check the FAQs in the appropriate forum and also read the GUIDES forum before posing questions. Then if your question is not answered, post it in the most appropriate forum. welcome to TS.

1. What is the exact name of the printer in the error message? Note if says the "Adobe PDF Printer" it's not referring to a physical printer connected to your computer. (The Adobe PDF Printer and many other types of PDF Printer names are special "software" printers)

2. As indicated by Tedster, please post your problem in the Other Software forum so your question gets the right attention in the right forum.

if all else fails, google PDF995. It installs a PDF pseudo printer that works very well
and (to me) the prompt to purchase is non-intrusive.

Selecting the 'PDF995 printer' then allows creating a *.pdf file from any application :)

Thread moved to correct forum.

As to why you get that error on installation I am not sure. But if you skip it, then of course you aren't going to have a pdf printer as an option. In the meantime I'd do what jobeard suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back