Can't fix high CPU usage

Hello,
I have been battling with high cpu usage for quite some time now and I’m getting very frustrated.
At first I had high cpu usage all the time no matter if any programs where running or not, i used ccleaner, disk cleanup, spybot search and destroy, registry mechanic, hijack this and acouple others and it got it to where if nothing is open the usage is at around 2 to 4% but as soon as I open anything it jumps up to 100% and stays there for a while without moving, also if I move my mouse it jumps up to like 28 or 30% until I stop moving it.
If any video is played then the usage goes to 90 or 100% and stays there the whole time, once I was on youtube and put it into full screen, it turned green, a blue box popped up and the sytem restarted itself. Also I like to produce music using fl studio, if im using that it just makes the system so slow its usless and I have to quit.
I feel like I have some kind of malware or virus that has a process secretly running somewhere that I cant find. I have went thru my processes and researched some that I thought might could be the problem but they ended up being necessary windows functions.
I have been told that my pc was built incorrectly because it also gets very hot, I have been told that my processor is going bad, iv been told that I have malware/virus, and I have been told that my windows is corrupt because I have had blue screens at start up 3 times in the past couple of months.
Idk I cant figure it out im to the point where im about to say screw it and reinstall windows 7 and be done with it but I don’t want to do that because I have a lot of vst plugins that I don’t want to reinstall and abunch of unfinished projects.
If any body knows anything abt my problem I would greatly appreciate any help

My pc laptop:
acer aspire 5251-1005
Amd processor v120 (2.2GHz)
Ati mobility radeon hd 4250 graphics up to 893mb hypermemory
2 gb ddr3 memory
250gb hdd
I have around 50 gb of free space left of 218

If your biggest concern is loosing some data, like those vst's if you were to wipe the drive and start over again, I would recommend that you look into a decent external hard drive. For starters, the hyperlink I'm providing will lead you to a decent little drive.

Seagate External USB 2.0 500 Gig Hard Drive.....
http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expan...XA101-RK/dp/B001UHWHO4/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_3

After you were to get an external hard drive, whatever it might be, than you should feel confident that any data you fear to loose by wiping your internal hard drive, that fear will go away. You would then be able to just simply "back up" your data, and dump the drive and start over from scratch, if and whenever these issues your currently suffering from happen again. Whatever drive you pick, if any, I'm sure it will be the right one for you!

Good luck..... :)

yea i have a buddy that said i could use his external but i dont want to do that unless its necessary.

would you say that's what i need to do?

yea i have a buddy that said i could use his external but i dont want to do that unless its necessary.

would you say that's what i need to do?

You could barrow your friends external hard drive, but I'm not a real fanboy with borrowing other people drives. I would strongly recommend that you purchase your own external hard drive, it's safer that way. Not only does having your own external hard drive protect your friends data, but it keeps his or her data from infecting your computer as well. I know it's minor, it pretty much isn't a problem with today's powerful anti-virus programs, but I like to play things on the safe side when it comes to hooking other people's stuff to my computer, for I'm a firm believer in "trace" or "transfer" or "cross contamination"!

Just buy your own, use it amongst your computer or computers and you will then have the added peace of mind knowing you own the external hard drive and it will always be there for you. Other than making arrangements in borrowing other peoples stuff, the phone call, the wait time, the risk, to me it's not worth it!

This is just my take on it!

I know you posted your question 4 days ago but have you tried booting up your machine through a Clean Boot?

Alternatively you could try booting your system in safe mode and running a scan. The downside to safe mode being that you won't be able to check any applications that require your videocard.

I remember a similar issue with my old G5 mouse. Some version of the Setpoint drivers caused my CPU usage to spike up, later versions never gave me any problems though.

Back