Can't Format, Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to format my computer with Windows XP Home SP2. I recently got the virtumonde virus and it's very difficult to remove. I tried about 3-4 virus protection software including a removal tool and it won't remove.

So I decided to format my computer and after I press a key to hit the windows instalation it loads all the drivers and when ti says Starting Up Windows, it hits a blue screen with an error.

It says 0x00000007B, stopped windows to prevent damage, might be a virus, clean your hard drive, remove any newly installed devices etc.

I must say I did format this drive awhile ago from Vista to XP, but otherwise I have no idea how else to format. I don't have a floppy to try booting from a floppy and any site I tried to get the boot disk files to try to create a USB boot, that doesn't work either.

Any help would be HIGHLY appreciated! Thanks!

Your memory might be bad. Try installing windows with 1 stick at a time. If one does not work, switch it and try again. If you do get it to successfully install, insert second stick and do a memtest. If your mem is bad, get a new stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back