Can't get boot xp cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got adware and stuff on my computer, and we tried to boot my xp cd to wipe it and reinstall it and all, we alrdy tried with the bios boot cd first etc, my dad said the only way we can fix it, is to use command prompt to force boot the windows xp disk...it also won't let me get to my windows it will say something like adware detected shutting down...

my question is how to get command prompt up, and what is the command to force boot my windows xp cd...i hope someone can help me....

I'm not sure what you mean
If you have Virus or Adware on your computer just go through this guide: UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions
Note: You may need to start your computer in Safe mode with Networking, by pressing F8 key on the keyboard, before Windows starts loading

If you just want to boot from your Windows boot CD then you may need to go to your system Bios Setup screen and confirm that CD is the first bootable device (Usually press DEL when your computer first turns on, or some other key to get into System Bios Setup screen)

i said that my dad and i went through all that and it still didn't work...we just want to get the windows xp to wipe out the computer instead of dl all those viruses scanners.....so like i said before do you know the command prompt to force boot windows xp cd? thats the only way i really want to go to do it...

Oh that's alright

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition)
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdoldhdd/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition)
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdoldhdd/indexfullpage.htm

* Warning deleting the Partition will remove all User data and Windows system files

By the way you don't start Windows install from any command prompt
As stated above, you must boot from your Windows CD

lol, let me see if i can explain this well enough.......as i explained i can't get my windows xp to boot, i tried going to bios and setting first cd rom to boot, it still doesn't work...my dad said that he had to find out the command prompt to force boot the windows xp......if i can't boot the cd by bios then either the computer not gonna be able to work...its a custom built my dad made back in 2004

ok my dad just informed me that the windows xp will load(im thinking about my other computer lol) it will load but before it will finished it shuts off

You are following the above guide about removing the Partition?
Also if the computer now shuts off (new problem now), then it could be a Ram issue
Please run Memtest on your Ram
Or remove all internal dust, that usually helps ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back