Can't get internet off Wireless Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Hey everyone,
I have a wireless network and I need to set up a wireless router in order to get internet. The router is up-stairs and my brother's computer is downstairs and on the other side of the house. When I set up the router, which is a Linkys wireless-G Expander, I can connect to it but I do not have internet. It says that it has limited or no connectivity. Would I need to set up the Range Expander to the actual router up-stairs?

**Confused**
The Linksys Wireless-G Range Expander is a repeater, not a router. Its used to extend the range on a select few Linksys routers.

If you want the Range Expander to join another wireless network make sure the router connected to the cable modem is on the compatibility list, the Range Expander should be somewhere in the middle where you have good signal (50% signal) so it can repeat the signal to the area with no signal. Does installation CD see the Range Expander and does it see the other wireless network?

Yeah, the computer will pick up the repeater but it doesn't have signal to the router so I've just gota get the repeater to find the signal that is being put out by the main router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back