Can't get Logitech mouse to work on laptop

I've had my Logitech mouse since about 2009 and I came home one day from work to play some WoW and it wasn't working correctly. I looked up on google what to do about it and couldn't find anything to help me solve my problem. So I fiddled with the reset button and tried whatever I could think of to get it to work. The power on the mouse is fine, but when I plug in the Wireless connector it doesn't make the "bleep bloop" sound that it would usually make to let me know that it is connected. Do I need a new mouse? Is there a Hardware problem? I don't know much about my laptop, but I do know my people need me in the world of Azeroth.

The mouse is plug n play, so you don't need special divers to get it to work, but you can try download and install Logitech's drivers to see if that resolves your problem.

Another thought, test your mouse on another computer. If it doesn't work, then you'll need a new mouse.

<snip>The power on the mouse is fine, but when I plug in the Wireless connector it doesn't make the "bleep bloop" sound that it would usually make to let me know that it is connected.
I agree with Rabbit. Try another computer but you probably need a new mouse. If you don't hear the ding-dong sounds when you connect/disconnect a usb plug then Windows isn't recognizing the connector. Most likely the USB wireless adapter died :dead:

Back