Can't get rid of Yahoo toolbar, text scrunched on FF

treetops

I recently reinstalled windows 7, the text was scrunched just like it is now before the reinstall on my browser, FF. I did not have yahoo tool bar though.

I followed yahoo's insructions to get rid of the toolbar to no avail. It is not listed in the addons or plugins. It is also not listed in the control panel remove programs. How do I remove it?

Below shows the yahoo toolbar and the scrunched text.

26018829.png

[FONT=Arial]Hello, treetops. I'm almost sure you've tried these, but I'll mention them anyway, just in case:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial] 1) Click on the pencil on the Yahoo toolbar and select uninstall;[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] 2) Right click on an empty space on the toolbar and uncheck Yahoo toolbar;[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] 3) Delete files manually from C: and[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] 4) Uninstall via control panel (pretty sure you've done that).[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I don't have Yahoo toolbar installed on my system now, but I've used all the above mentioned steps successfully at one point or another during those times when I did have it on my browser and wanted it gone.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I use another route, a brute force last recourse. Whenever there is some application, add on or whatnot in my system which -- for some reason -- I cannot seem to completely uninstall, I delete the offending registry entry manually via regedit. But then we all know that route is rather risky and is best avoided. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Hope this helps. [/FONT]

Or, you can get IObit's Uninstaller, install and run it, go to the Remove Toolbars section, and get it done. I got rid of an ask.com toolbar my sister accidentally installed that way.

I did a combo of both your suggestions. Right clicked to turn off then uninstalled with IOrbit, in the toolbar settings there was no option to uninstall only instructions to uninstall that did not work. I must be blind I could not find the pencil. But thank you both for your input all is well. I think its the high font cluttering up my text.

I can't help with the toolbar,but I believe if you go to Tools>Options>Content Tab you'll see where to adjust the size/type of the font. Mine is at Times New Roman, Size 15. Might give that a shot.

Back