TechSpot

Can't get Task Scheduler to work

By bsaber
Nov 28, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to schedule a command to be run to terminate a process and restart it at a set time interval (I'm using a batch file to accomplish this but if anyone else has a better idea I would appreciate it). However, I get this error when I schedule the task:

An error has occurred while attempting to set task account information. The specific error is: 0x80070005: Access is denied. You do not have permission to perform the requested operation.

I checked on Microsoft.com and it said that I needed an update/patch in order to get it working again. The only problem is that in order to get the patch I have to contact Microsoft and the problem there is that I have to pay for it. So I'm just wondering if anyone here has a copy of the patch and would be kind enough to help me out. Thanks in advance.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.