TechSpot

Can't hear sound out of Headphones on Headset

By CarLBanks
May 20, 2005
  1. Logitech Premium USB Headset 300

I recently today stopped hearing sound coming out of the headphones and I looked under sound and audio devices and nothing is muted. I set in Teamspeak to have the sound come of out the headset. I think the volume is up high enough.

2. Athena

Athena TS Rookie Posts: 69

Personally you could trouble shoot this issue, but sound problems seem to take forever.
    Personally I would save myself that pain and just un-install the drivers and software for the headset shut down reboot and then install it from scratch again. Should take all of 5 to 10 min and then if it still does not work, at least you know you are in for a ride trying to find out what is messed up, weather it be physical or software.
    Good luck!! :grinthumb

3. CarLBanks

CarLBanks TS Rookie Topic Starter

I don't know where under Hardware Manager to find the software. The software is installed automatically when you plug in the headset.

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It may be that the software you speak of is in add remove programmes in control panel.

If so you should be able to remove it from there.

If after uninstalling and re-installing it still doesn`t work, then maybe it`s possible that the headset itself is faulty, or perhaps the cable.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.