Can't install Microsoft Office XP

rob3000

Hi, I had microsoft office 2002 installed on my pc but recently I re-formatted the hard drive and when I tried to re-install it wouldn't accept the product key that I have for it. I tried several times and checked it carefully as I typed it in but it wouldn't accept it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this would be? I don't really want to have to buy another copy.

Just a couple of thought/questions.

Is Office XP an OEM? That is say Office you bought with a Dell desktop or another brand. If it is it can only be installed on the same computer. So when you reformatted did you use the original OEM XP CD?

No its a copy that I got after I bought the computer.

The funny thing is that when I installed the XP operating system after re-formatting, it didn't accept the product key for that either but it did accept the key for my brothers copy which I know has never been near my pc

Your title suggests you want to reinstall XP but cant, then you post about installing Office 2002, and say that the key doesnt work.

Can you clear this up for me?

I didnt know there was an Office 2002, maybe you meant 2003? And also, maybe you are trying to use the Microsoft Office 2003 key to install Windows XP. In which case, wont work...

Back