Can't install printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start-->Run--> services.msc

Maximize the services window
Scroll down to Print Spooler
Right click and set it to Automatic, and start it.

Try printing again

Did not work. I have never had this problem. Printer spool not installed. please help further

Was the "Print Spooler" service already started according to services.msc? Try right clicking on it and clicking "Restart".

It does not show ant printers. It just says print spooler not installes and print spooler not running

I am going to try and be patient with you here. If the "Print Spooler" service is not started, you are going to have to start it. Go to Start>Run>services.msc>Ok. Now, you will have a window of services in front of you. Look for the one named "Print Spooler".

If this service has the status of being "Started", right click on it and click "Restart".

If it's not started, right click on it and click "Properties". You'll see a drop down box here, click on it and select "Automatic" and then it will give you the option to click on "Start", which you want to do.

Try setting your printer up after you've done this.

Thanks I do not need your patience. If my wording does not meet your standards please do not reply. If my post is not up to par or worthy to you do not respond. I did not know this was an English review forum. I did all you stated.

It's not a matter of poor English, although being able to post with reasonable English helps. All we have to go on here is what you type to us and our experience. You aren't telling us anything. Nobody is going to sit in here and play silly little guessing games with you. If you want help, be clear on what you've tried, what has happened with each attempt, any error messages etc.

Based on your responses to Kimsland and myself, it sounds as if you weren't even close to accomplishing what was suggested.

I'll do as you requested and not post in your thread (nor will I post in any of your threads in the future).

Good luck, and if someone else tries offer their spare time to help you with your problems, try to express yourself clearly and in full so they've got something to work off of.

kesler

What action are you doing that in turn results in the Spooler not Installed message?

Please install and run Serviwin
  • Under View, check Services and then Choose Columns. Make sure all columns are checked
  • Now, under View click Refresh
  • In the first column labeled Name, is there an entry for Spooler?
  • Double check your view is for Services (not drivers) and under View click Select ALL then Copy All
  • Under File , do Save Selected and save the info in a text file
  • Attach the text file to your next post using the paper clip icon show at top of TechSpot message area

I thought I had every Services control tool. Thanks LookinAround (again) for another excellent tool.

I've re-read the posts here, and it seems that Print Spooler is not even available
Printer spool not installed. please help further
The only time this can happen, is when:
The printer is not available.
(Although the service will still be there) Nothing will happen, until the printer drivers are installed correctly.
The Windows files are corrupt
Although this can be in two parts (1. Corruption of Windows Files 2. Registry Tweaking)
In this case, I would recommend running sfc /ScanNow (and confirm (and fix) all Windows files)

Or, i was also thinking (tho didn't know if could be the result of) the Spooler service somehow having been disabled.

Serviwin seemed the simplest approach to get the full picture of all Services info and is simple for the user as well. and btw... u maybe already noted... it's nice and easy to simply CTRL-C copy all that service data and then just CTL-V paste it all right into Excel to save / manipulate/sort/examine all that columnar data when needed / as needed.

Thanks , it is fixed. I googled it and was sent to a microsoft site. They have step by step directions. It seems to be a problem in XP and it was the first time I encountered it. Thanks for all your help.

sure. we're always glad to help... and if you should still have the microsoft link or the KB number, could you please post it? would be curious to see the one you found for your problem

LookinAround said:
it's nice and easy to simply CTRL-C copy all that service data and then just CTL-V paste it all right into Excel to save / manipulate/sort/examine all that columnar data when needed / as needed.
If you had posted this data in the services program provided.
We first would have said "Do you have a Lexmark ?"
And then stated to disable LexBce Server service
Removing the other folders and registry entries (sometimes not needed) would have come after that.

Either way it's resolved. :)

Sorry, the Lexmark I had was 3 years ago and I have had 2 printers since then. I had no idea you ment did I ever have a Lexmark. Thanks for all your help

My services do NOT have LexBce Server
Yours did

If you had posted this information
It would have been solved. (Upon seeing this NON WINDOWS service)

But you have since solved this yourself

That is what I meant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back