Can't load any page which requires a login

Hi Everyone,
Desperately in need of help right now. I'm now currently unable to load ANY page which requires a login. eg. Hotmail, Youtube Login Page, Facebook, Yahoo Login Page etc.

I came across this forum and wanted to post a new thread to look for help regarding my problem but this forum also required me to make an account. BUT since I'm unable to load any log in pages, I can't load the log in page to my email too.

I'm a computer newbie, so I'm really at a loss right now. This login problem does not only apply to my computer though, other computers in my house, my iPhone and my PS3 also have the log in problem with any application or website with requires a login. I'm guessing it has something to do with either my Router or my ISP. But I have no idea where to start or what to do to find out what's the problem. I doubt it's a malware or any kind of bug though. But just to confirm, what can I do?

Any help is greatly appreciated PLEASE and thanks.

Hey JuicyDragon,

Your account wasn't confirmed (presumably because you couldn't access your email). I've done that manually but it probably won't matter if you can't log in to any site :(. If you can't log in to TechSpot's forum you won't be able to reply to this thread anywhere else, so I guess it's best to leave it here for now.

However, I'm sure how many people will check this section. I suppose if there are no replies in a day or so we can move it to a more trafficked section (at least you'll get a response, even if you can't reply). For whatever it's worth, if you believe your router is at fault, you could connect a PC directly to your modem.

This login problem does not only apply to my computer though, other computers in my house, my iPhone and my PS3 also have the log in problem with any application or website with requires a login. I'm guessing it has something to do with either my Router or my ISP

Good guess; common symptom across multiple devices implies something higher up in the network.
I suspect you have a port problem for port 443, secured http (HTTPS://)

Using a wired connection to your router, launch a browser and enter the router IP address as if it were a URL. This will access the router config page but should prompt for the admin/pwd.

Now you need the Admin-id, password and the IP address of your router, all of which are make/model dependent - - Please post the name/model number of your router so we can continue . . .

ok Linksys:
address: http://192.168.1.1
username: LEAVE BLANK
password: admin

now you can poke thru the config for the Blocked Services; make sure you have NONE blocked

Back