Can't load complete home page

By charlie61
Aug 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I am having a problem loading two different web pages. Only part of the page loads and sometimes when you do a refresh it will load the complete page. Other pages load perfectly. The computer is running Windows XP with IE9. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  2. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Guru Posts: 4,566   +184

What browser & what type of ISP? Dial up,DSL,Satellite,etc,etc.?
  3. charlie61

charlie61 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 73

Windows XP wit Internet Explorer 9. Using CenturyTel DSL.
  4. learninmypc

I should of also asked you what web pages you talking about. It could be their fault. You might give Firefox a try.
  5. charlie61

charlie61 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 73

One site is usbank.com. Part of the page will load but not all of it. Sometimes if you do a refresh it will load the complete page. The other is Hot Mail. Does the same thing..
  6. learninmypc

Ok, I copied your usbank.com & pasted it in my browser & it opened up showing this link http://www.usbank.com/index.html
    As for hotmail.com MS is in the pocess of changing it to outlook.com so I entered hotmail.com in my browser & it went to https://snt102.mail.live.com/default.aspx?id=64855
    I'm using SeaMonkey at the time,its in the Firefox family.
    My OS is XP Pro so I can't try IE9. Somebody with that browser will have to help you. Good luck.(y)
  7. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,327   +95

Your problem more or less is Ie 9 is not made for Xp. You can only go as high as IE8 In Xp. In order to run Ie 9 you would need Vista or win 7
  8. mike1959

mike1959 TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,033   +15

Hi, I use Win 7 with I.E.9 & Maxthon web browsers.
    Tried the usbank.com site in both browsers and it shows ok in both.
  9. learninmypc

@Cobalt006, good catch,(XP/IE9) I wasn't thinking.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.