Can't log in to user accounts, user names missing, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have had frequent problems with crashing (blue screen error), have followed all steps suggested with no success including downloading updates for hardware, software, drivers. Downloaded Windows Steady State which had no positive effect, so removed it, now when booting up and proceeds to user log in there are no user accounts listed, so can't use the stupid computer. Have had on going problems such as windows update turned off (highlighted in gray) & can't turn back on, also system restore seems to be none functional. Have had problems with Windows XP from first time I installed it (needed tech support). But right now would just like to log on. Please help anybody. Thank you reefdiver.

You're not too clear on your issues. If you're not able to log in without a BSOD, how were you able to do the steps suggested, and which steps are you referring to? If you were able do do something, then you can delete the accounts you can't log in to, (saving the personal documents-it's and option) and start fresh.
Are you implying that your system is infected?

Thank you

Thank you strategic for your reply, sorry about not making myself clear. I carried out steps prior to this new situation of not being able to log on to user account because all names are gone from screen. I've been having multiple problems with OS. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back