Can't logon to desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't connect to windows service???????

When i try and startup the pc it says

'Failed to connect to a windows service

I did a search and found a similar problem and tried to restart the service, but it is set to automatic and that did nothing. System is a Toshiba sat laptop w/ vista premium. Please if anyone can help i will very much appreciate it. I have ran malwarebytes and defender, adware-lavasoft and removed what problems existed, but still no luck. If you need any info as far as what i have tried, just ask

boot into safe mode then try disabling all startup items by going to RUN and type msconfig

Open the event viewer and narrow the the issue with an Event code and just look that up on the net. Other than that what did you install prior to getting this error. Something didn't shutdown correctly or didn't install or something you were trying to uninstall couldn't remove the service. You can go into the registry under services to remove the issue you know. First I would use the Event Viewer to start from.

i have been into safe mode and tried but nothing. As far as the other thing. I havent installed anything lately but there were some error messages coming up before this happened saying something like microsoft host process stopped running. I was actually watching a movie when this happened, I unplugged the pc to take it upsatirs and when I tried to hook it up again, I had to reboot and it took a very long time to come up. When it finally did, it looked liked classic style and said "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is not accessible" in the middle of the desktop and at the bottom it said"Failed to connect to a windows service"

I have tried a few different things like, recovery and system restore, but sys restore has been deleted and only has 3 entries left. I have ran scans in safe mode and found a trojan virus but removed it. I am just pulling my hair out with this thinking that ive lost my pc due to this.

If you guys can help me out with it that'll be great. You will just have to help me with what to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back