Can't Open Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi....I've recently seen a new problem on my XP system. When I click on ANY desktop program, the only thing that opens is the property menu of that application. If I reboot, everything is fine...but I may have to reboot several times a day. I did a complete clean up...registry, antivirus, defender, spybot checking for any problems but that didn't seem to help. Any suggestions? jjwalker007

It's usually the right click "Open" command (context menu) missing
But rebooting shouldn't fix that

You did run all AntiVirus/Spyware tests fully?

Yes...that is the first thing I did. Windows Defender...Spybot Seach and Destroy...AVG Antivirus....and some registry checks. I did not find anything that was unusual. Jwalkeroo7

When I right click...the program box "flashes" and I cannot enter it. If I left click, the only thing that opens is the program's property box...the shortcut tab. When I click on the start button to reboot...sometimes I can just restart...but sometimes when I click on the start button, it will simply "flash" and I have to just shut the CPU down because I can't do it from the start button. I did just install a new modem and wireless router yesterday...I wonder if that is doing something....Jwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back