Can't open task manager???

By TCarder26
Dec 17, 2007
  1. I have an hp pavillion dv6000 with an AMD Truion 64X2 TL-58 processor, and my laptop just developed a problem. I think I've picked up a virus somewhere. It just started a few days ago but I can't seem to get to the task manager. CTRL + SHIFT + ESC doesn't work. When I right-click on the task bar, task manager is dim and I can't open it. And when I hit CTRL + ALT + DEL, the screen pops up with switch user, and log off etc. but the task manager isn't there. I forgot to mention that I have vista home premium. I did full system scans with ad-aware, norton, and I used ccleaner, but none of that turned anything up. I restarted after all of that and there was no difference.

What else should I do?

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. momok

momok TS Rookie Posts: 2,265

Hi TCarder26 and welcome to techspot.

Have you read the sticky HERE?

3. TCarder26

TCarder26 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks Momok. I kept searching other threads after I posted this one and I was able to fix the problem. I did have some viruses. I believe I got rid of them but would you mind reviewing my hjt log for anything else that I may have missed?

I have also attached the log from smitfraudfix.

Attached Files:

4. momok

That log looks fine to me. I wouldn't guarantee that your system is clean till I see a ComboFix log though. Are you facing any problems?

momok =)
  5. TCarder26

TCarder26 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Okay, good. Here's the combofix log.

And the only other problem I've been having is here

Attached Files:

6. momok

Navigate manually in Windows Explorer to this file and delete it.

Your system looks fine to me. I'm not quite sure what could be the cause of your internet disrupts though.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.