Cant overclock video card memory even by 2mhz, computer freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

nissanman

Hello, ive just bought my friends old geforce 6200 video card as he has now upgraded to a better card. When this card was his, he had the core overclocked to 450mhz (from 350mhz) and the memory to 750mhz (from 400mhz). Heres my problem, after putting this video card in my computer, i decided to try and overclock it. I managed to overclock the core to 450mhz just fine, but i cant overclock the video memory even by 2mhz without it freezing. I tried lowering the core clock bak to the default setting then overclocking the memory again but it still freezes. Thinking that the problem may have been with my power supply (Hyena 300watt) i went and bought a new one (Thermaltake XP550 NP 430watt). Still no change, the computer still locks up. This only happens in games. it does not happen in windows. I thought it would have been my old power supply because the geforce 6200 requires at least 18 amps on the +12v rail and that only had 13 amps. This new one has 18 amps. But obviously, it isnt a power supply issue.

Not sure if it helps but ive attached my dxdiag system info.

Thanks, Nissanman

Also, ive tried updating my video card drivers which didnt work. Even the exact same ones he had wudnt let me overclock the mem.

Hey dude, i am using a P3 computer myself, with 600mhz speed. I plan to upgrade to 1ghz myself soon, maybe a litle bit more.

Couple questions for you:

For us P3 users, can we go past 512 as memory?
I have a total of 512.

Also, are you telling me your 6200 PCI card is overclocked to 730 and 450?
Thats amazing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back