Can't permanately delete program file

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried to delete a file that i downloaded from a torrent and i went to run-regedit and have deleted it but it still shows in the add/remove programs with no option to remove it....please help...this is a work computer....

Did yoiu try removing it through your Control Panel?
You only mention you tried to delete it from the registry.
What program is it that you're trying to delete? Maybe there is a utility that will work for you.
Otherwise you'll have to restore your system to the point previous to editing your registry and uninstall from the Control Panel.

please report the full path and filename to the file you are attempting to delete

Sometimes the program's uninstaller may be accessable from the "all programs" tree. Right click there. However when you disabled the registry, you may have disabled the uninstaller.

Also. most programs that are considered "malware", typically have no provision for uninstalling them. Since this is a torrent file, there is a greater than average chance that this might be malware of one type or another.

In which case, you might want to read the threads at the top of the "Virus & Malware Removal" forum".

I would admonish you to refrain from downloading file from unknown sources, especially with a computer used for work or business purposes, since any given file may contain spyware designed to steal sensitive personal & financial data.

I would suggest those things, but that would just be "piling on", now wouldn't it?

However, at the very top of the "Introduce Yourself" forum, (which is THIS forum), there is this message; "DO NOT POST QUESTIONS in this forum, INTRODUCTIONS only", so it would appear that you are not really inclined to "look before you leap".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back