TechSpot

Can't play Counter Strike Condition Zero on Windows Vista

By sr33kr
Feb 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

Condition Zero doesn't work anymore on my Windows Vista 64-bit OS. I played CS on the same laptop awhile back and it worked fine but now after reinstalling it I can't seem to play it.

When run normally I would get

"Available memory less than 15MB! "

I have found that CS needs to run in Compatibility mode in order for it to work but when run Windows XP(Service Pack 2) Compatibility mode, I would get the Loading screen and it would remain like that for hours. And when I open the task manager it would show that the program is not responding.

I have searched over the internet bu can't seem to find a solution for my problem. Please help me out. Thanks.
  2. jeremy1982

jeremy1982 TS Rookie Posts: 85

alot these older games don't like vista for some reason! I had the same problem you had and switch back to xp and the game ran perfectly!!

its like i have to much ram for the game and it cant handle it!! the first halo would lag in vista but when i played it in xp the game ran smooth!!

and im running at 4 gigs of ram with 3.2 dual processor!!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.