TechSpot

Can't play game: screen turns black

By reallybadmonkey
Aug 10, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello.

i've installed Black and White 2 successfully but whenever i try opening the game, the loading screen stops, then the screen turns black, then it goes back to my desktop with a patch of black square on the screen where my mouse can go through but i can't see.

i think the game may have stopped responding at this point but i just want to know what the problem is.

well, i run through the diagnostics and my computer did not meet the requirement.

my pc has 224 memory and the game requires 500+.

is there any way that i can fix this?
  2. maXimus4444

maXimus4444 Newcomer, in training Posts: 118

You could upgrade your ram. What are the specs on your machine?
  3. #Curtis

#Curtis Newcomer, in training Posts: 81

256mb RAM? Black and White 2is a pretty demanding game. What is your video card, because a black area of screen seems more like a graphical problem, too little ram would most likely just freeze your computer or run extremely slowly.

Make sure all your drivers are upto date, check your manufacturers website. When i first got it i had trouble with crashing, I updated my graphics card driver and it ran without trouble
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.