Can't play recovered FLV video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had mistakenly deleted a couple of FLV videos among other files from an external hard drive. After using a data recovery software, I have retrieved both --- i.e. can see the file name/size/date info in Win explorer.

However, I can't play either of them using FLV player! FLV player says "Launching xyz.flv" but does not show either the video or audio and the time progression indicator on the player remains at zero.

Not sure if the retrieval was incomplete in some way. Any help will be much appreciated...

Can't play recovererd FLV video!

sounds like the file is corrupt. do the files have any size on them.

Yes, they do have a size info which I can view in explorer. Not sure about corrupt -- I could play them while they were on the external drive.

I'm not familiar about video file formats; can this be something due to garbled header / codec / etc. info inside the files caused during the recovery?

Can't play recovererd FLV video!

VideoLAN - VLC media player does an excellent job of reading even broken Video formats, including FLV
Give it a try: (and its free :))

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I've already tried VLC player and it can't play them either.

Also, if this helps, I've tried to convert the recovered files to AVI using a free utility and it complains that the file is not a valid FLV file!

I've even tried 'repairing' the files using Free FLV Converter but that does not do any good either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back