Can't playback old Fraps videos

Dawn1113

Why can't I watch playbacks of Fraps videos on machines other than that on which the files were recorded?

I'm trying to playback old videos I recorded on my previous i5 650 system on my new machine. I could watch these same videos on my old PC without a problem. But I cannot watch them on my new system. All I get is the audio. I have no problem watching newer Fraps videos which I recorded on this new machine fine, though. I use something called K-Lite Codec, same software I used on my i5 650 desktop.

Is this because I'm using Fraps free version? Is there any way around this? I'm a total noob so I don't know much about these things.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Haven't used Fraps before, but looking at the FAQ & some of the videos on their web site, looks like the videos have either AVI or WMV extension. Are you using Windows Media Player? Have you tried something else like MPC-HC or VLC? They play a wide variety of videos out of the box w/o extra CODEC pack.

@Rabbit01: I use Media Player Classic with an extra CODEC pack. I checked and it's the one in your first link. Will try VLC. Nice of you to include links.

Many thanks!

Back