Can't remove msconfig from startup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubeon

Greetings all,

I don't seem to be able to remove msconfig from the HKLM startup procedures, every time I delete/disable the msconfig entry (using startup control panel) it reappears/duplicates seconds latter.

Of course the first thing I tried was to check the check box (in the msconfic startup dialogue) which said "do not start msconfig with windows" (or something to that effect) but that doesn't seem to have appeased the great and powerful msconfig (I must have checked that box a thousand times now). Any ideas what might have done this?

Also another curious, but perhaps unrelated startup behaviour involved the pre-logon capabilities of the Intel PROSet/Wireless manager. The logon screen seems to freeze for a bit and once I've loged on I find that Intel PROSet/Wireless hasn't started and my wireless connection is disconnected. I'll switch back to wireless zero config but I just thought I mention it in case it had any relevance and/or pointed to a joint cause (with my above msconfig annoyance).

Kindest,
Lee.

(anubeon@gmail.com)

---{EDIT}---

Well I've been fiddling around a bit with startup cpl an it seems that I cannot modify the windows startup at all. Any modification I make is rescinded the moment I close the program window (startup cpl). Also I noticed a program that I don't recognise (winpol.exe), anyone know whether this is a program I should be worries about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back